Usually not a fan of salad? I hear you! I give you: this delicous, easy-to-make summer salad.
A salad that doesn't taste like a bowl of sad greens, but is packed with flavor. The sweeteness of the strawberries combines perfectly with the goat cheese and the turkey doesn't only provide protein but also gives this salad some more bite.
There are more options that you can variate with, for example:
*add nuts, such as walnuts or almonds, for extra crunch and fats.
*add avocado to give it a creamy touch.
*replace the strawberries with mango.
* Leave out the turky if you want make this vegetarian friendly.
Ingredients (2 servings)
120 g - 4.2 oz Arugula (or other lettuce)
200 g - 7 oz Strawberries, fresh
100 g - 3.5 oz Goat cheese *
150 g - 5.3 oz Deli sliced smoked Turkey
Dressing: 1 tbspn Balsamic vinegar + 2 tbspn Olive oil
*Honey goat cheese is the most delicious here, but camembert or other (soft) goat cheese do work too.
Macros per serving (1/2 of total)
Protein: 22 g
Fat: 25 g
Carbs: 22 g
Energy: 387 kcal
1. Slice the smoked turkey in strips.
2. Slice the strawberries in half.
3. In a bowl combine the argula, strawberries and turkey. Crumble the goat cheese on top.
4. Crumble the goat cheese on top. Drizzle with the dressing.