It's summer! That often means you'd often like to eat ice cream, but also like to show your hot beach bum.
Solution? Chocolate frozen yogurt with 16 g protein.
No fan of chocolate ? (is that even possible?)
There are many more varieties to experiment with, as you can see below.
You can use 0 % (Greek) yogurt, but the fat content in the yogurt gives it that extra bit of creaminess.
Dutch recipe can be found here
English version below:
250 g - 8.8 oz 5 % Greek yogurt
2 Scoops (60 g - 2 oz total) Whey protein powder, chocolate flavor
1 – 1,5 tbspn Cocoa powder, unsweetened
150 g - 5.3 oz (~3/4 glass) unsweetened Almond milk *
Zero calorie sweetener to taste
*or any other milk.
Macros per portion (1/4 of total)
Protein: 16 gram
Fat: 6 gram
Carbohydrates: 4 gram
Energy: 127 kcal
1. Combine the yogurt, protein powder, cocao powder and almond milk in a bowl or blender. Mix everything well with a (immersion) blender.
2. Add sweetener to taste. The amount depends on the sweetness of your protein powder and personal preference.
3. Official version: Place the mixture in the fridge, until it starts to form icy flakes (after ~30 minutes).
Scrape the ice of the edges, stir everything well and place back in the fridge until every bit is frozen.
4. Lazy version (slightly less good structure but much easier): Let the mixture completely freeze (~2-3 hr) and then (partly) thaw.
5. Scoop out the frozen yogurt with an ice scoop.
Other frozen yogurt ideas:
Sweet strawberry frozen yogurt
Picture: Two peas & their pod.
Peach frozen yogurt
Picture: Fitness Food Diva
Refreshing lemon frozen yogurt