If you like apple pie, you should try this apple pie bars! They are full of taste, easy for on the go and they taste amazing.
Ingredients (for 6 bars)
1 small apple*
60 g / 2.1 oz almonds (preferably salted)
60 g / 2.1 oz walnuts (preferably salted)
150 g / 5.3 oz dates (seedless, dried)
1 tbsp cinnamon
*150 g / 5.3 oz of apple (incl. core)
Macros (per bar)
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 27 g
Energy: 220 kcal
Apple pie filling
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 356 °F.
2. Cut the apple into small pieces. Drizzle the apple with the cinnamon and a little sea salt.
3. Place the apple in the oven and let it bake for ~15-20 minutes, until the apple is softly baked.
1. While the apples are in the oven, soak the dates in lukewarm water for about 10-15 minutes to soften them.
2. Mix the dates, walnuts and ~50 g / 1.8 oz of the almonds (store about a tablespoon as a garnish) in a blender. Mix until small pieces arise. Do not mix too long because then you get flour.
3. Remove the apple pieces from the oven.
4. In a bowl, mix the date-nut mixture and the apple pieces. Add a little sweetener (to taste, optional) and salt to taste. The amount of salt depends on whether the nuts are already salted. Taste a little... nice? Go ahead.
5. Mix everything into a solid ball.
6. Place baking paper in a tray/oven dish and spread the ball that you just made over it.
7. Press everything firmly and sprinkle the rest of the almonds over it.
8. Put the whole in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Then cut it into 6 bars.